COVID-19 Church Update
june 11, 2020
We are happy to announce that we will start regathering for worship services on June 21 at 10:30 a.m. We will continue to have live streamed worship services available on the church website, Facebook and YouTube. Our Regathering Task Force Team has been working hard to develop guidelines and criteria so that we can meet again. Please read the printed Criteria and Guidelines listed below:
Regathering for Worship Service at Chester Baptist Church on June 21, 2020, 10:30 a.m.
- To insure the safety and health of our congregation.
- To comply with the applicable orders of the Commonwealth of VA.
- To accommodate the spiritual and disciplining needs of our congregation.
The required signage will be posted stating if you have a fever or have been exposed to the corona virus please stay home. The signage will have a reminder to wear a face mask which is required in all public buildings including houses of worship. Worshipers should have their own mask and, if desired, their own gloves. Limited masks will be available if needed.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult and must remain with the adult during worship services. There will be no nursery or separate children's worship at this time.
- The Sanctuary is the only area of the church accessible to congregants. However, the Great Hall may be used for overflow if needed. All other areas of the church building will be closed. The thorough cleaning and disinfecting of frequently contacted surfaces will be conducted prior to and following the service.
- An Usher will open the Sanctuary Foyer door as late as practical to accommodate the flow of worshipers.
- After entering the Sanctuary Foyer, an Usher will direct church members to either the right or left Sanctuary doors, if required, to assist in maintaining physical distancing and seating.
- There will be no passing of items to or between attendees.
- Offering Boxes will be located in the Bell Tower and in the Sanctuary foyer.
- Self-contained sealed communion cups (containing both the juice and the wafer) will be on a table in the foyer before Communion services.
- You may choose to postpone attendance for corporate worship until you feel comfortable attending. You can continue to enjoy the service from the safety of your home as live streaming, virtual Bible studies and virtual meetings will be a permanent part of the Chester Baptist Church outreach and ministries.
Please call the church office, 748-2939, if you have any questions.